Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Why do they have to be so smart?

Henry is sometimes too reasonable to be my child. He is more like Mark; analytical. We went to Nampa to go to Costco and Target. Nevermind that there is a Target less than 2 miles from our house, we must travel 25 minutes to go to the Nampa Target. On the way home Henry and Charlie were hitting each other and play fighting. It was driving me crazy so I said, "If you don't knock it off, I will stop the car and you will walk home!" Leave it to Henry to reason with me. "It is too far for us to walk. This road it too busy. It is also too dangerous and someone might kidnap us." Now I must have been a dumb child because when my mom used that threat, I believed her. In fact one day she pulled over and I did walk home. It was only a block, but nothing like following through to scare me for the rest of my childhood. We could have been in Texas and if she told me I was going to have to walk home I would have believed her. For some reason, Henry does not believe anything I say. Nothing like having children reasoning skills to take the fun out of parenting.

0 comments: