Sunday, June 15, 2008




Kids say the craziest things. Last night we were talking about "business." I was saying to Mark, "That guy is in business, but I don't know what that means. For someone to say he is in 'business' is very vague." Jack said and he was VERY serious mind you, "Yeah, there are so many different kinds of business. There is the real estate business, monkey business, the fast food business....." The funniest thing is that he really thought 'monkey business' was a type of business. Today Charlie was being very tempermental about what he was going to wear to church. He wanted a suit, but we do not have a suit that fits him. So I was explaining to him we didn't have a suit but he could still wear a white shirt. He was upset because we did not have a PLAIN white shirt. I was getting frustrated and Jack noticed to which he said, "Charlie is such a fashionista."


Last night we were also discussing Jack and how he used to say truck, but replaced the t with an f when he was little. Our kids wanted to know why it was so bad and we told them it was one letter away from the worst swear word ever. Mark said, "I will beat you if I ever hear you say that word." I added, "I will beat you if you ever come home with a tattoo, a piercing, if you ever drink beer or smoke cigarettes." To which Charlie said, very seriously, "What if I kill someone?" I said, "Well, I won't have to beat you, you will be in jail." We were laughing at all the weird things our kids were saying when Henry piped up with some strange comment from the back. We didn't laugh and since he is so competitive, he got really angry. "Grrr, why don't you laugh at me?! I want to be funny." With that, I started laughing! Ahhh, kids!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh my...I love your little fashionista!

RonH said...

Oh Angie;
Kids do say the funniest things. It is amazing what they are thinking about. I love the one about'monkey business' !!